\

Monday, September 19, 2011

Meatless Mondays: Tofu Tacos!

Hey everyone! Well you guys probably know by now that I love tacos, so when I saw a tofu taco recipe on AllRecipes.com. I HAD to try it and man, I'm glad I did!



Ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) package garden herb tofu, crumbled
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 lime, juiced
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
10 medium taco shells, heated
2 cups shredded lettuce
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup salsa
*hot sauce for taste (optional)

Directions:
1. Over a medium heat fry the tofu, oil, garlic and onion in a large skillet for 5 minutes. Add the chili powder, paprika, cayenne, cumin, salt, lime juice and tomato sauce to the skillet and stir. Cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the cilantro. Spoon mixture in a serving bowl.

2. Spoon the tofu mixture into taco shells. Top the mixture with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, Cheddar cheese and salsa.

Serves: 8

First of all, can I say that All Recipes is such an awesome website because you can calculate however many servings you need which is awesome! Usually I just cook for myself and these recipes are for 8 and 4 servings so I overcook an insane amount. This time I could just calculate for meee, yayyy!

But yes, these tacos are insane. They are so easy to make and still so good. Sometimes after buying a block of tofu I have a hard time coming up with cooking ideas because I get lazy and don't want to create complicated dishes. I end up just making stir fry a lot. So now that I know I can easily make some delicious tacos I am rocking them more often. They taste like the regular beef tacos, too, not much difference. I loaded up on the hot sauce though because that's my thing. Definitely check it out, it is just such an easy recipe!

For nutritional information and any other additional information on this recipe check out All Recipes' website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification=U4wIE1SrFFhPy3u1KnhOhpfC0ITX-PSyVLXRofShgUY