\

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Mr. Popper's Penguin's Review!



Hey everyone! My next review is for the movie Mr. Popper's Penguins! A family film that makes the perfect little gift or stocking stuffer for the holidays!



Mr. Popper's Penguins tells the story of a businessman and almost estranged dad that inherits penguins from his recently deceased father and craziness ensues.

It's a cute film, but I personally wasn't a huge fan of it. I felt like the mom and kids just seemed too cool about receiving six penguins. If my ex-husband received penguins I'd question it more and just react more. I also was kind of disappointed with the visual effects, the penguins looked really fake to me but I also was watching it from this new television we got in our living room that makes everything look a little weird.

The evolution of this hardcore businessman becoming a loving father and husband is cute though. His huge penthouse apartment becomes an igloo just to accomodate the poor little penguins. He teaches them how to dance, there are some pretty cute scenes. Also there's some nice Jim Carrey moments like him doing an impression of Jimmy Stewart and him doing a nice slow-mo run.

Also Angela Lansbury is in the movie for quite a bit and looks super good for her age. She's kind of the straight man among all this craziness.

Overall, the movie I feel is perfect for young kids though there is a lot of poop jokes of the penguins pooping and farting so if you're not comfortable showing your child that you may not like this. But it's perfect for them because it's cute and there may be some plot holes...but it's a kid's movie what do you expect? It is adorable and that was what it's main job was and I feel like they succeeded with that. If you love penguins you may love this movie, too!

Buy It! Head on over to Amazon or your local Best Buy/DVD Store! It's out now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification=U4wIE1SrFFhPy3u1KnhOhpfC0ITX-PSyVLXRofShgUY