\

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Devo Olive Oil Review!



July is a very festive month, I know 4th of July has past but there's still that American pride in the air. Summer is in full swing and that means barbequing with hot dogs, hamburgers, a typical American tradition. Devo Olive Oil decided to take part in this tradition too but in a little more creative way.



Red, White and Blue themed balsamic vinegars! How cute (and delicious)!

Being a Devo Diva though it's our challenge every month to come up with recipes for these and this was kind of difficult. I mean typically I rock my balsamics in salads and I'm good but no I needed to be think outside the box. I think I can use the blueberry balsamic with some greek yogurt and blueberries and strawberries just for a yummy little snack but I'm out of greek yogurt so I came up with this instead.



Coconut Brown Rice with Veggie Stir Fry

Super simple and easy to make!

All you need is:
- Rice
- An Assortment of your favorite veggies
- White Coconut Balsamic

I'm lazy so I have the Minute Rice, so I followed instructions as to how to cook that but when it was done I poured 2 tablespoons of White Coconut Balsamic and just stirred it into the rice.

As for the veggies, I was also feeling lazy with those too instead of making a stir fry I found some frozen veggies that have been hibernating in my freezer for months so I microwaved them because I'm classy like that and instead of adding some water to them I added 2 more tablespoons of white coconut balsamic. Put the veggies on top of the rice and BAM! Deliciousness!

You couldn't taste much on the veggies but the rice was insane, I definitely think I might just straight up add balsamic and their unique flavors to rice now because it tasted so, so good. Coconut flavored rice is a popular thing too and now I see why because it's amazing. Definitely added a yummy punch to boring old brown rice.

Overall, I think this recipe was a success, it was easy to make but still a little bit creative and now I have learned a new thing to make rice taste actually good! Not that I hate rice, it just doesn't really taste like anything. And I am pretty excited to try the Red Apple and Blueberry ones as well though, when all else fails, I may add them to my salads.

Definitely check out Devo and their amazing variety of balsamics and olive oils, you won't be disappointed!

Buy It! Head on over to Devo Olive Oil's website and browse their huge selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification=U4wIE1SrFFhPy3u1KnhOhpfC0ITX-PSyVLXRofShgUY