\

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Beauty Box Five Review!

We all love monthly subscription boxes. They're great and addictive from food to nerdy items to of course the beauty boxes, we just can't get enough. So when I was given the opportunity to review Beauty Box Five I jumped at the chance. Beauty Box 5 is a subscription-based, beauty sampling service that delivers 5 deluxe samples and full-sized products right to your door every month.


The products I received in this Beauty Box 5 are:
BH Cosmetics California Collection Eyeshadow Palette
Jergens Natural Glow - 3 Days to Glow Moisturizer
Bonnie Bell Lip Definier in Apple Cider
Nicka K New York Hydro Lipstick in Begonia
Blum All-Purpose Cleansing Wipes in Citrus Scent

I really liked pretty much everything in this box, they're all really awesome products. 


First off, the eyeshadow palette is great, I love BH Cosmetics, their eyeshadows are always awesome and look so well on. I loved that it was the California Collection palette because I live in California. The colors are actually the kind that look okay on the palette but when I was swatching them on my hand I was really impressed with the color payoff.


I really like the San Francisco one because I love gold/bronze shimmery eyeshadows. But the Hollywood one is really pretty too, at first I thought it was a dark purple but it's a really nice purple that you can make it really light or darken it up depending on how much you put on your eye. It's a great outside corner shadow color, you know? I'm not big on the Malibu one but it is nicer than I thought because it has a nice shimmer but it's yellow and I'm not a big yellow person, plus I have blonde hair so I think it kind of clashes. Overall, though this palette is definitely a win.

I really liked the lipstick too, it's a darker red but with a nice shimmer. It's hydrating and paraben free. It's a nice shade to wear out at night or you can even wear it with some jeans to dress up your face a little. It's not sticky or drying on, it feels like chapstickwhich is great because it's super soothing but still looks nice on your lips


The lip definer is cool too but I never really use lip liners and products like this. I'm the type of girl that likes makeup and I'll wear some of it but I'm not going to go all out and wear every little thing from BB Cream to liners. So I always forget about lip liners and definers. It is a great color though and goes great with the lipstick. You can even wear it as a lipstick and put some clear gloss over it for a nice natural look.


The Jergens Natural Glow I haven't tried yet but I'm pretty excited to. I'm going to Vegas this coming weekend and it'll be great to get a nice little glow going on before I go there. You get a natural color just by using this moisturizer which is awesome. It gives you a nice subtle tan without giving you streaks. I've heard people try this and love it so I am excited to give it a shot myself.

Lastly, the all-purpose cleansing wipes look great. I love that it has a little keychain thing so you can attach it to your keys or handbag and bring it with you. I use cleansing wipes to remove my makeup all the time so these are great, too. It's infused with aloe vera, hypoallergenic, paraben-free and not tested on animals. They're mini cleansing wipes too so they're perfect to take with you traveling and the citrus smell is wonderful.

Overall, I really enjoyed this beauty box. I really enjoyed how I know I'll use all but probably one item (the lip definer). They're all really solid products and at $12 a month you really can't go wrong. Take the BH palette, that's typically $18.95 and you're getting that and more for less! Awesome! If you love beauty subscription boxes, definitely sign up for this one!

Buy It! Head on over to Beauty Box Five's website and sign up now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification=U4wIE1SrFFhPy3u1KnhOhpfC0ITX-PSyVLXRofShgUY