\

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Loot Crate August Heroes Review!


It's that loot time of the month! Guys my Loot Crate just came in yesterday and I am so pumped to tell you all about it. In case you're unaware or a new reader first off, welcome! Second off, Loot Crate is a great monthly subscription box that sends all things geek and gamer related. Last month's theme was Villains so this month guess what it is! It's Heroes!

I loved this Loot Crate because not only was the selection amazing, but we also received an email beforehand saying that we would get an exclusive Funko POP! Collectible that you couldn't find anywhere else. Maybe I had low expectations because my heart nearly exploded when I saw what it was.


The Loot Crate included:
Shoe Lightning Bolts
TMNT Mask Glasses (Leonardo)
Sonic Air Freshener
TMNT Full Figure (Raphael)
ChimichangO's Magnet 

And yes...you see that correctly, the Funko Pop! figure is GROOT. I. AM. GROOT. Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy. I almost squealed when I saw him.

I, like many of you, watched and loved Guardians of the Galaxy. Groot definitely became a fan favorite even though all he says are three words. Who know Vin Diesel could act so well without showing his face and by only saying three words. NUTS. So this little guy is going to be kept in a special space.


I was a big fan of mostly everything in this box though. I am a huge turtles fan, unfortunately though neither a Leo or Raph fan (1. Mickey 2. Donnie) butttt these sunglasses were still super awesome, as was the Raph figure. Do I plan on wearing these glasses out and about? YES. They are going to be my new car sunglasses. Will I look like a weirdo driving around LA in my new shades? NO. I'll look like a Ninja Turtle, ohhhhh.

I also really enjoyed the lightning bolts for your shoes because I feel like they'll look killer with the shoes I wear for clowning. I have silver converse and these will match very well with them because they're also silver. Also, they're just a really cool concept, I wonder if they have wing ones too so people can be Hermes.

The Sonic air freshener was awesome too as Sonic was my homie back during the Sega times. I actually did recently download a Sonic game to my phone, too. I'm going to put it in my car tomorrow and I'm pretty excited about it. The one thing I didn't really know about was the ChimichangO's magnet but apparently it's Deadpool's favorite cereal, so hey that's a cool magnet.

Lastly, they also had bonus digital loots for Doctor Who fans, Defense Grid: The Awakening, and The Gauntlet so that's pretty cool, too.

Once again Loot Crate definitely does not disappoint. I feel like they may have had a little hiccup of fandoms I wasn't super into but now they are KILLING IT. These last few boxes have been so, so awesome. Check them out you won't be disappointed!



Buy It! Head on over to Loot Crate's website and sign up! They're less than $20 a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification=U4wIE1SrFFhPy3u1KnhOhpfC0ITX-PSyVLXRofShgUY