\

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Crosse and Blackwell Review!


Summer is winding down, the kids are back at school, but don't use that as an excuse to stop those BBQ's and delicious meals you've been cooking! That's where Crosse and Blackwell come in. Crosse and Blackwell provide the best gourmet and speciality sauces and additions to your food.


I received: a lovely apron, a Crosse and Blackwell Summer Recipe Guide, Major Grey's Chutney, and Seafood Cocktail Sauce.



The seafood cocktail sauce I'm a huge fan of because it's easy and delicious. I love shrimp cocktail and just dunk my shrimp into the cocktail sauce and it tastes delicious. It is also great for clams on the half shell, too. Basically lots of free seafood appetizers, that's when I use the cocktail sauce. The mango chutney sounded really delicious and I wanted to experiment with it...so I did.

The Major Grey's Chutney is their signature chutney. Ingredients include mangoes, raisins, lime juice concentrate, to name a few things, and it is quite delicious. The bottle recommends it as an ideal marinade for fish or poultry or just adding it to a salad. I attempted to soak my tofu in it.


That's my tofu in the press with some chutney. Fun fact though, since chutney is more thick, almost a syrupy-jelly, the tofu can't absorb it well. I didn't really think of this until I realized mid-way, "hmm it doesn't look like it is absorbing it too much." So I don't recommend doing this.

In the end it did give the tofu some flavor, but most of the chutney just didn't absorb which is why I was a bit relieved with the latter half of the suggestions on the bottle "use as a dressing for salad." So when the tofu didn't absorb all of the chutney I just added it to my salad.


It actually turned out fairly well and pretty delicious. It gives the salad a nice, fruity kick and I like sweeter dressings. It's either balsamic or sweet dressing for me. Just mix the salad well with the chutney so the chutney doesn't awkwardly gloop in one area and bam! Deliciousness.

Overall, I was very impressed with these. They're both very delicious. The recipe book also gives some great summer recipe ideas that I do plan on trying out. They have a spicy tomato juice cocktail which sounds like a virgin bloody mary aka amazing and peanut butter jalapeƱo poppers which just the concept blows my mind. 

Definitely check them out! You won't be disappointed!

Buy It! Head on over to Crosse and Blackwell's website, browse their recipes, and click the 'where to buy' tab to find out where it is sold near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification=U4wIE1SrFFhPy3u1KnhOhpfC0ITX-PSyVLXRofShgUY