\

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Loot Crate January Invasion Review!




It's that time of the month -- Loot Crate time! Loot Crate is a monthly subscription box dedicated to all things geeky and gamey. This month's theme is Invasion!



 This crate contained:
- Alien Facehugger Plush
- Alien Invaders Vinyl Figure
- "War of the Worlds" and "Day The Earth Stool Still" Mini Art Prints
- X-Files LED Flashlight
- X-Files The Day Has Come T-Shirt

I really enjoyed this crate. I like how it came out around the same time was the X-Files 6 episode event on FOX. I'm not even a huge fan of the X-Files -- I haven't seen every episode -- but I do enjoy them. I've seen a few standalone ones that are pretty good. The X-Files flashlight that Loot Crate added is very on brand for the show but also very practical so that people that aren't fans of the show can still use it.

The X-Files shirt is also really cool and subtle. Sure, the two people are definitely Mulder and Scully but to a fan of just aliens and the paranormal hey this could just be two people with aliens on it and they could rock the shirt too.

The Space Invaders vinyl figure is really cool especially for all you people with hardcore nostalgia. It's just a good little collectible. Just like the Fifth Element multi-pass. Except with the multi-pass you can wear it like a necklace or something, it's pretty cool. I haven't watched that movie in so long and now just seeing that multi-pass just makes me want to watch that movie all over again.

The prints are really cool, too. I'm more partial to the War of the Worlds one because I actually have the vinyl of the original Orson Welles recording. I actually haven't seen/read The Day The Earth Stood Still, I will one day because the print looks cool and I've heard about it. I definitely plan on hanging up the War of the Worlds one somewhere cool.

My favorite item though is the Alien Facehugger plush. I love how cute it looks because we all know how creepy and awful they are in the movie. My roommate is actually a big Alien fan and I plan on giving it to her though, I feel like she'll appreciate it more and also...she lives with me so I'll still get to see it. Win win.

Overall, this was a great crate -- one of my favorites in recent memory. Loot Crate never disappoints. They make the perfect gifts for anyone or sign up yourself and give the items away as gifts or keep for yourself!

Buy It! Head on over to Loot Crate's website and sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification=U4wIE1SrFFhPy3u1KnhOhpfC0ITX-PSyVLXRofShgUY