\

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Test Assured Water Test Review!

Hi everyone, so I am not sure if you all are aware of this but I currently live in Southern California. I'm originally from NJ, and I loved the drinking water there. I lived near NYC which is one of the top 10 cities in America with the best drinking water (according to this article). So when I first moved here, I didn't experience any real culture shock but I was definitely very shocked and disappointed with the drinking water. You have to use a filter to drink the water pretty much and it sucks. That's why I was very excited to try out Test Assured's Water Testing Kits.

This test kit is very cool because it gives you a variety of tests to try out with your water. I did a few cool tests with this kit and happy to announce that my filtered water is fine! I did not test the unfiltered water though. 

I did their Pesticides and Lead test, it had really easy to follow steps. From what I remember, you dip the sticks into a certain amount of water and if one of the lines is more solid than the other than you do not have pesticides or lead. Not sure if you can see the lines labeled 1 and 2 on the stick but suffice it to say is that I had pesticide and lead free drinking water.


I also took their bacteria test to see if my water had any bacteria. That is where you mix some water in a capsule with a certain chemical and let it sit for about 48 hours. If the water is purple then you are bacteria free. Guess what? We were!


There are a variety of other tests in this kit -- ten to be exact. You can test the iron, copper, chlorine, alkalinity, etc all too. The final test I took with the water was the alkalinity/pH/hardness test. (The sticks pictured to the right of the purple vial). You dip them in water and then match the colors to the sheet they give you.


Each square follows a certain test which is why they're different colors. It was a little hard trying to match them up with a specific color because I ddi feel like they might've been in between colors. It did prove I did have little alkalinity and the water was still okay!

Overall, aside from this test I definitely recommend those Brita water filter pictures as I have been using that forever and after a while you wonder if it works -- well these tests are proof that they do! I really enjoyed taking these tests because it made me feel safe. I feel a lot better about my water, especially because I drink it all the time. Definitely check it out, you won't be disappointed!

Buy It! Head on over to Test Assured's website and pick up one for yourself or check out the other tests they offer, too!




No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification=U4wIE1SrFFhPy3u1KnhOhpfC0ITX-PSyVLXRofShgUY