\

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Loot Crate February 2015 Review!


Hey everyone, I'm a little late to the game but this past month's Loot Crate was pretty awesome. I mean, I'm only like 3 days late so it's not too bad. Loot Crate is a monthly subscription box dedicated to all things geeky and gamey. February's theme ways Play!


The items in the crate are:
- DIY Munny figure
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- Superfight's Loot Crate Deck card game
- Rock - Paper - Scissors dice game
- Hexbug
- Waka-Waka (Pac man) Poster

I really enjoyed this crate, it had a variety of everything and just like a bunch of fun items.

First off, reading! Reading can be super fun especially with Ready Player One. I actually have this book (now I have 2) and I really enjoyed reading it. It takes place in the dystopian future where we do everything via computers, or, as they call it, the Oasis. The creator of the Oasis allegedly has some buried treasure hidden in the system. Some people believe it is a myth and some people feel it actually exists. Without giving much else away, we follow the lead character on the hunt for this treasure. Fun fact, it is going to be made into a movie, and I'm looking forward to that.

Next up, the Munny, this looks really awesome and a really fun type of gift to give your artsy friend if you yourself isn't the best artist (aka me). This is my plan. Don't get me wrong, this looks awesome, but I'm a weird perfectionist and will feel like if I draw anything on it I'll mess it up. So yeah, it'll be a fun gift for my friend.


I really enjoyed the Pac Man poster just because who doesn't enjoy that game? Speaking of games, the Superfight card game is awesome. I haven't played it yet but it looks like a blast. Player one takes one white card (characters) and one black card (attributes) and Player two does the same. Each player grabs another black card to add it to their fighter. Then each player pleads it's case as to why their choice would win in the fight and the table votes. The blue and purple cards are scenarios you can draw one, both or none during a fight. Seems like a pretty fun group game.

They also put in the rock-paper-scissors dice game which is basically the hand game but in dice form. You can carry them around in this cool bag, too.

Lastly, the Hexbug I feel was the only non-game related item but I mean you do play with it so that's probably why they tossed it in. You can make it walk across the floor and roll over to freak out your friends or roommates. It works better on hard floors, it kind of got stuck in the carpet. Also, you have to put it on it's back for it to flip right-side up. It is a pretty awesome and fun little gadget I can definitely see myself having fun with.

Buy It! Head on over to Loot Crate's website and sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification=U4wIE1SrFFhPy3u1KnhOhpfC0ITX-PSyVLXRofShgUY