\

Monday, August 22, 2016

Go Veggie Cheese Alternative Review!


I live in Los Angeles and honestly being vegan or just avoiding cheese seems to be more common than ever nowadays. A lot of my friends are growing into dairy allergies or just realizing cheese and dairy isn't the best for you and giving it up. Fortunately, we live in a world where there are so many great alternatives that it isn't impossible to survive without dairy and cheese and still enjoying similar foods to them.  Go Veggie is a great company that offers such delicious alternatives and I received the opportunity to review them thanks to BzzAgent!



I received an awesome reusable tote bag, pen, and two coupons for a free product so I went to my local Whole Foods and picked up their Vegan Pepper Jack single slices.

I have never had vegan cheese slices before so I was a bit nervous about it. I made a simple cheese sandwich first and, I have to be honest with you guys, I did not like the consistency of the cheese. It felt very weird and also broke apart easily. The flavor though was still good, so I had a different idea to try eating these cheese slices...I melted them on top of some tortilla chips, added salsa, and ate some nachos, and boy, this was a GREAT decision.



The pepper jack was spicy and added a great kick to the nachos. I only made one little serving but I definitely plan on eating more. It's super easy, just break apart the slices and top them onto the chips, put them in the microwave for like a minute, take it out, add some salsa, and bam!

There are also great benefits to these alternative cheeses. They are non-GMO, contain 65% less fat than regular cheese, 40% more calcium, and no cholesterol, lactose, or gluten. 

While I wasn't a fan of the cold slices, I loved when it melted and it felt the same as cheese then and tasted quite delicious. So if you're having dairy issues or happen to be vegan or just want to try something different and more healthy I definitely recommend checking this out.

Buy It! Head on over to Go Veggie's website to see where they sell them near you! I have to point out though it mentions my local Ralph's and I could not find them anywhere there but I did find them at Whole Foods, so I recommend checking out one of those types of stores before you go to your regular grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification=U4wIE1SrFFhPy3u1KnhOhpfC0ITX-PSyVLXRofShgUY